Milwaukee fell to the New Orleans Pelicans Wednesday evening by the final score of 102-98. The Bucks dropped to 9-43 and couldn’t pull out the win before the All-Star break. Below are the five plays that stood out in the loss:
1. Second quarter, 6:29. Nate Wolters connected on a three for the third straight game. He only managed to make three shots from beyond the arc in the first 37 games of the season.
2. Third quarter, 9:48. Anthony Davis picked up his 4th foul of the game here. Davis struggled during the entire game playing only 20 minutes.
3. Fourth quarter, 9:28. Nate Wolters scored on a layup to tie the game at 84 apiece. The Bucks went on an 8-0 and it was sparked by an energizing block by Giannis Antetokounmpo on Anthony Davis.
4. Fourth quarter, 52 seconds left. After a Pelicans miss on the other end, Ersan Ilyasova drained a three to cut New Orleans’ lead to just two with 25 seconds left.
5. Fourth quarter, 9 seconds left. Unfortunately, I called this, but the Bucks committed a turnover with a chance to tie or win the game. Khris Middleton lost the ball after an Ersan Ilyasova miss towards the basket. Ilyasova was clearly fouled, but nothing was called.